Sunday, June 7, 2009

Locks of Love

So early last week Lauren said that she wanted to get her hair cut short for the summer and that she wanted to do it on Saturday before that last week of school.

Saturday morning came around and we are talking about what we are going to do (mostly what we are not going to do as we are flat out just too overbooked) and Lauren says, "Oh yeah, and I am going to get my haircut this morning". We talk about donating it since it is just about 10 inches she talks about cutting off.

So we do a walk-in at the haircutters next to the bagel place that goes like this..


























And without a second of even fleeting vanity or hesitation her hair is 10 inches shorter and is now in the mail to Locks of Love. Can she stay like this forever? May her teenage years stay this simple? Not overly worrying about her appearance and just wanting to do what feels comfortable and good. God, I hope so.























Is everybody out there as swamped as I am with the last weeks of school? How does one have time to write about what is happening when so much is happening? I've been meaning to post this, put have no time to and kind of don't remember what I wanted to write anyway.






And I do not have the pix from my Mom's Group Reunion in Santa Cruz which is always just so refreshing and renews my mama mojo. Missed you Ora. In addition to the family stuff we talk about, we also have a mom who has dedicated her career to helping others hear the voice of God in their daily lives. Just so good to be around her as she is just like any of us, never pushes her views, gets frustrated with her husband, stressed by the hustle, but always has such beautiful answers. http://www.voiceforlove.com/


And if my time wasn't already booked, one of the mom's introduced me to the Twilight series, since I don't really like the vampire concepts I previously had no interest, but now, I am hooked and am always trying to sneak minutes to read.

2 comments:

  1. Kira wants to cut her hair too but she doesn't have the 10 inches yet...I told her she has to wait until she has enough to donate. Is that too controlling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog randomly... Congrats donating the hair :) I didn't want a good deed to go unappreciated.

    ReplyDelete