Monday, November 16, 2009

Buy the darker sofa

NOT Me Monday...
Some of you may remember when I polled you as to whether I should buy a dark chocolate color sectional or medium brown one when I recently had the pleasure of replacing my awesome dark navy one that served us so well for 11 years. All said go with chocolate - I have a 2 year old after all. So I, of course, went with medium brown. Not out of defiance, I had good reason, my house is South facing, it does not get much sunshine inside and I am a person that needs light to maintain happiness so the medium brown made sense at that time.

Well, this certainly did NOT happen to my medium brown sofa, which was a tad bit closer to beige than I expected for my cleanliness abilities especially after coming off a dark navy that withstood every stain assault.

Above mentioned 2 year old did NOT take a green marker and run it across EACH AND EVERY of the 5 seat cushions! And I did not yell at the top of my lungs "NOOOOO...BAD!" because that was all that I could sputter in the same loud harsh tone Cruz gets. Nope, nobody who spent years at an attachment, positive parenting, co-op nursery school would do such a thing during this teachable moment. My 8 year old, whom is super sensitive to any emotional environment, did not take off upstairs in certain tachycardia and anxiety. Nope, that did not happen this Monday in this house.

But if it did, by chance, happen it is good to know that microsuede does live up to all its claims of washability.

3 comments:

  1. OMG Rita!!! I think he's lucky to live with you or he may have been kicked out of the house by any other family. I am soooooo glad it washed out. You totally reacted like any rational mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH! Thank goodness it came out!
    PS I think you reacted normally, exactly as any mom would do when her new sofa has been defaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Rita! Ora

    ReplyDelete