Sunday, April 11, 2010

Groupies and remodels

It's been a while and I must admit that I am thinking about not continuing to write here because I am just not committed nor creative enough and quite frankly this takes a lot of time that I just can't seem to find. I'd rather read your blogs than write my own:)

Time is being sucked up by our bathroom remodels at the moment. I've dreamed and planned about fixing up our upstairs bathrooms for years. 5+ years to be exact since the kitchen remodel. Well ok, the kitchen remodel was 6+ years ago, but it took a good year to get our life back in shape after that. Fixing up the house just messes with me on a deep level. Brings out the worst in me. The contractor is here at 8am. The water is off during the day and you can imagine what that means. Ohhh, and the domino effect of what needs repair: Old pipes are corroded so we decided to re-pipe everything with copper which means the drywall is pulled to the studs here and there. The sewer line is clogged and rotting away and needs to be replaced (you know, those trenches you see dug from the street through ones front lawn, yeah, never a good sign). Many of the heater ducts in the crawl space have come apart and as the heater guy put it "your crawl space is warmer than your house", words that make an eco-conscious mama shutter. The boy scouts need a backyard to have their meeting, sure come on over, just stay clear of the exposed wires and gas lines boys. Ooyy vee.

I am happy to say, and I think Rob agrees, that so far my behavior is far better this time than last though. But it is not over yet, honey.

Then I just got an eager call from my friend, we'll call her Groupie cause she averages 4 concerts/tour, telling me to go to BonJovi.com to watch the first 4 songs of the TX concert. And all is much better. Last month I went with Groupie to see him in concert. Makes me feel like a teenager again. Don't we all need that sometimes? No worries about the cost of copper pipes back in those days. We met up with some stranger friends that we had met at a previous concert 2 years ago at which time we promised to meet at his next tour. Yes, we are in our 30's, what's your point? PA Groupie 1 and 2, and MN Groupie 1 and 2. Sooo much fun! I love making connections with people like that. It is kind of what keeps me here too, reading and writing, the coutrywide connection is really cool isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the bumps in the remodel. You love it in the end.

    I wish you lived by me so you could be a Killer groupie.

    The pic of you and "groupie" takes me back. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear ya on blogging taking lots of time up! If I didn't fundraise on mine, i think i'd be stopping as well.

    UGH. Remodeling is exhausting! I hope things start to go smoother for you!

    ReplyDelete